“10 years of Michigan and Los Angeles based Casting Experience”
- Casts principal roles in feature films, television, commercials, print ads, and industrials
- Works closely with SAG-AFTRA-franchised talent agencies in Michigan, Ohio, and Illinois
- Maintains casting office in Livonia
- Has extensive knowledge of SAG-AFTRA Codified Basic Agreement for Ultra Low Budget, Modified Low Budget, Low Budget, and Full Budget feature films
- Posts video casting sessions via Cast It, Eco Cast, Now Casting, and others
- Performs Station 12 clearances and Taft-Hartleys for production
- Maintains database and Facebook Group of thousands of unsigned regional performers of multiple ethnicities
- Posts still photo casting sessions to Detroit Casting Company site via secure web links
Dayna Polehanki, CSA, started her Detroit, Michigan based casting company, Detroit Casting Company, in 2008 with the objective to bring her six years of Los Angeles based casting experience back to her home state of Michigan. After graduating from Central Michigan University with a strong theater background, Dayna worked at several casting offices in Los Angeles before landing in the Features Casting Department at Paramount Pictures where she enjoyed a meteoric rise through the ranks, becoming Manager of Features Casting after two years. At Paramount, Polehanki worked among some of today’s most high-profile casting directors, cementing her knowledge of the often complicated casting process while refining her taste for finding true talent among the masses of hopefuls who flock to the acting profession. Back in her home state, she enjoys close working relationships with the SAG-AFTRA franchised talent agents in Michigan, Ohio, and Illinois, and maintains a diverse database of unsigned talent from all over Michigan and the Midwest.
If you are a producer or advertiser (not actors/talent), contact Dayna at 248.336.9885 or email@example.com
Unsigned Regional Talent
Detroit Casting Company maintains a database of UNSIGNED, REGIONAL talent. By “unsigned” we mean that you are not signed with a Michigan, Ohio, or Illinois SAG-AFTRA franchised talent agency and by “regional” we mean that you hold a valid driver’s license from a state that is located within 500 miles of Michigan. If you are signed with a SAG-AFTRA franchised talent agency, do not submit to our database; you should feel confident that your agent will submit you for any project for which you are right, as our breakdowns always go to SAG-AFTRA franchised talent agents first.
To be considered for inclusion in our casting database, please email two recent, natural snapshots (face and body); your acting resume (if available); and your name, phone number, and date of birth (if you are under 18) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Put your first and last name (only) in the subject heading.
Detroit Casting Company is not a talent agency, and we do not represent talent. We do look for interesting faces of all ages and ethnicities to add to our casting database.
Join the Detroit Casting Company Facebook Group where Detroit Casting Company occasionally posts casting calls for unsigned, regional talent.